Sunday, September 25, 2011

Interesting Insights on the Cognitive Neuroscience of Learning

Now that the conference is over and I'm enjoying a late cup of coffee...What a wonderful experience Aspen and meeting others here has been:) We have lots to do to highlight this exciting new research that supports our programs in teacher education and graduate studies! For example, Marcus and I heard Daphne Bavelier - University of Geneva speak of her research on learning and action video game play, Silvia Bunge - University of California Berkeley present on reasoning training and brain connectivity, and Clancy Blair - New York University discussing executive function and school readiness. We lunched with John Mighton and enjoyed hearing of his research about nurturing math with every child. There is far to much to write about in one posting. Over the course of time, I'll be sharing more.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting. I can't wait to hear more. Thank you for everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear everything Dr. Wilson! I have begun my doctoral work and am designing a MBE based dissertation. So excited to hear about this conference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed Diane and Meg, this was a very exciting conference! Meg, congratulations on your decision to earn the doctorate. Are you going to NSU? Keep me posted...On another topic, I hope to see you and your friends/colleagues in GA sometime in Oct. or Nov. when I'm touring there.

    ReplyDelete